Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Bellybar Yumminess

Lately my breakfast routine lately goes a little like this:

Heat up a pot of hot water-Pour some OJ-Make some toast-Take my vitamins-Mix the herbal fertility tea with hot water- Grab a Bellybar.

I use to not eat breakfast which was pretty bad... But now I've got this routine, and sometimes I'll add fruit and cereal to the mix.

I've mentioned Bellybars before and I hinted to the fact that I'd be doing an official review and giveaway soon... Well here we are! And girl do I have a treat for you!

When I first heard about Bellybar the line that got me was "BEFORE, during, and after pregnancy" I've been all about getting ready for a baby, so finding something I could start eating now, (and not feel silly cause it says that on the box) and keep eating once I'm pregnant is great.

Bellybar hooked me up with some snacks for my Blogher trip (and just about everyone who met me got some to snack on too) and they also sent me a fun sample pack with a selection of pretty much all of their products. The packaging was so cute and I wanted to eat it all up myself, but since I was going to visit my BFF (who is now about 22 weeks pregnant) I decided to save it for her, and try it with her.

Knowing me I couldn't let this go without recording, so I recorded us trying all of the products, but then the video was about 12 minuets long, so for your sanity I edited out the chewing and left in our summary review. There's good info there about the products!!


Key points:
Bellybar gives new moms and moms-to-be extra nutrients they need -- before, during and after pregnancy. (I really like the BEFORE part). It's packed with key prenatal nutrients, and "Satisfies your need for something nutritious and your craving for something delicious." They deliver the essential iron, folic acid (800mcg per bar), calcium and Omega-3 DHA that you and your (future) baby need.

My FAVORITE was the Berry Nutty Cravings... That was actually both of our favorites. I also LOVE the citrus chews... They're like a healthy Starburst or something, the chocolate chews are great too! It's like a yummy healthy tootsie roll. The Baby Needs Chocolate flavor Bellybar was a close second... But there is really something for everyone if you like berry, oats, chocolate or even chocolate orange flavor (Shannon's husband likes those- They're ok for guys too). They also have a new caramel flavor coming out too!

I went to the store to look for some more of the Berry Nutty cravings and had to ask a lady to help me find it... She asked if I was pregnant and it was kind of an awkward situation. I wanted to point to the word "BEFORE" on the box, but I opted against it. Hopefully soon I'll be able to give a great big YES!!

I also had the chance to write a blog post for Bellybar about my journey toward motherhood and how I'm paying more attention to nutrition (I'm also going to be chatting with a nutritionist for fertility next week from Pulling Down the Moon too) before trying to have a baby. You can read my guest post here.

If you're not pregnant like me, you can win this pack and start stocking up on the prenatal nutrients you need before even trying to get a baby in your belly, or if you're pregnant, eat them now for extra nutrition! And if you just had a baby... you still need vitamins! ...Yum yum! Or if you're just a woman like me, and you like to eat... Win these and try them out! It's really a snack that I love to grab and I don't feel bad for eating it after.

Want to try what Shannon and I got?

THREE WINNERS will get a Bellybar sample pack with:
-2 bars of each flavor (Baby Needs Chocolate, Berry Nutty Cravings, Mellow Oat and Burstin’ Chocolate)
-1 pouch of each chews flavor (Chocolate Cuddles and Citrus on Board)
-2 shakes of Due for Chocolate Bellybar Shakes

Want to win? Here's how you enter:
1. Visit Bellybar's website and tell me what you think your FAVORITE Bellybar product is and leave it in a comment! That's all! Leave another with your favorite fact or part of our video for another entry. (Followers leave two comments).

Want to up your chances to win? Here's more ways. Comment again if:
-Become a Bellybar Facebook Fan
-Comment on my guest post for Bellybar
-You subscribe to my blog
-Become a Facebook Fan for my blog
-You favor my blog on Technorati
-
Vote for me on Top Baby Blogs (per day/computer) (just click the link)
-You Tweet/ Facebook about this contest (every day you tweet is an extra entry!) Please say: "Check out this awesome giveaway on @futuremama's blog for some yummy @bellybar products! http://tinyurl.com/luz68o (Please RT)!"
-You follow my blog (worth 2 entries so leave 2 comments)- And out of curiosity, tell me if you're new!
-Leave a comment on one of my posts for Conceive Magazine (2 entries)
-You have my blog button (3 entries, so leave 3 comments)
-You post about this contest (3 entries)
-Vote for my blog in the 2009 Bloggers Choice Awards (worth 5 entries! So leave 5 comments- NEW: EACH email account you vote under is 5 entries :) )


I'll use RANDOM.ORG to choose 3 winners. Contest Ends Friday September 3rd at 11:59pm! Good luck!