Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Reclaimed Designs: March of Dimes Sponsor #4

Read how this started here.

I wanted to cry this morning when I saw I had an email from Paypal telling me they were "reviewing" my account because of the "raffle" going on here. Apparently they don't want to be associated with "gambling." I've been sending emails back and forth to them all day and calling them trying to figure out how I can make it clear that this is not about gambling but about donating to a CHARITY for heaven's sakes. Winning a prize is a bonus, but it's not all about buying "raffle tickets." I'm sure all of you donors are happy to be giving to a good cause and not in it for the prizes right? Ugh!!

Anyway, so here, I am, for the MILLIONTH time, (and in every post here on out, adding this disclaimer that:) Paypal is ONLY associated with donations to March of Dimes... They are not associated with the free prizes that will be given out at the end for my lovely and generous donors. If have questions about the raffle email me at babymakingmachine{at}gmail.com and I'll tell you how we're doing that.


Sorry that I'm going to have to state that a bazillion times, but I'd hate for all of this work, and the outstanding sponsors, and generous donors to be confused, and not given or heaven forbid... March of Dimes not see any of this money because of a stupid technicality.

Whew! You still there? ANYWAY! I hope you're having fun cause this is only the beginning. For those of you missing my normal rants about TTC and life don't worry... If you've noticed I've kept my blurbs going at the top of every post, and I'm also still blogging over here.

No new news as of yet, I'm just BLAH and just out of my follicular phase, so you pros know what's next. As of next here, introducing you to another talented woman!

Jenny Strohm is a nurse and I've LOVED getting to know her via email. She's a sweet woman and has a talent for making unique mosaic art, and shares it with the world through her store Reclaimed Designs.

She lives about 100 miles north of New York City. She's a mom and a step-mom. She has two daughters, aged 23 and 21, and 2 step-sons aged 18 and 16. Like I mentioned before, she works full-time as a Registered Nurse... But what I didn't mention is that it's in a school for autistic children. She says when she's not working, she spends much of my time creating mosaics like this:
This box is my favorite so far. I love the butterfly. And I know I could be a great gift too.
Many years ago she attended two years of art school, and has taken classes in ceramics. I asked her how she got into making these and she said she taught herself how to mosaic after picking up a book on mosaics several years ago. She has a vast collection of broken china, and any time a mug or dish breaks in her house, she's actually pleased! She also gets lots of donations of broken or chipped china.Aren't these beautiful? And I can't get over the fact that they're handmade! She is donating an original beautiful hand-made mosaic to one of you wonderful March of Dimes donors! If you happen to donate $5 to the charity I'll give you free tickets to win this prize! Not only are you helping a charity but (for free) I'll give you 5 tickets in my GIANT drawing! You can donate by clicking the "chip in" button to the right or by clicking here. (Paypal is NOT associated with the drawing, just with donations. Questions about the drawing? Email me at babymakingmachine{at}gmail.com)

This is just one of more than 30 prizes (worth over $1000) that's up for grabs in the raffle! See the full list here. 100% of the funds raised are going to March of Dimes, to help save babies!


Read how this got started here!
Check out all of the prizes here!
Enter my Cutest Kid (and pet) Contest here!
Have a giveaway? List it here! Offer extra entries to your peeps for donating!