Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Stephanie Caldwell's Shop: March of Dimes Sponsor #5

Read how this got started here!

We were falling asleep when there was a knock at our door. Snoop howled and ran downstairs. Ironically we were watching COPS... The same figure was on our porch.

"Is that your Toyota over there?"
"Yes" we told him.
"It just been burglarized."
(This JUST happened less than 10min ago)

Great, just what we need... Our "hood" strikes again, and leaves me wondering if this is REALLY where I want to be when we have a child. I know things like this could happen anywhere, but I still wonder.

... More on my thoughts of that later! But let me as you this... Do you live in da hood? Or have you when having kids? Do you worry about that with having kids? I imagine I probably should. Our lease is up in November, we'll be thinking long and hard about this over the next month.
****
Paypal got of my back after I re-wrote all of my posts... Thank goodness! Thanks for sticking with me. It's frustrating experiencing HUGE misunderstandings like that that just seem to mess things up!

Anyway, we are still on pace to make our goal too! I think if we continue to raise about $25 a day for the rest of the time period, we'll make the $1000 goal by October 18th! Awesome right? Keep telling your friends! I know a few of you have blogged about it, and/or added my button and I REALLY appreciate it! I'm so happy we are doing something so great for this amazing charity! I think their purpose goes hand and hand with the point of my blog.
****
In other news, a couple of my friends nominated me for these awards on The Bump. I'm so excited because finally there's a "Fertility" section that I fit in! If you get a chance please go over an nominate BabyMakinMachine.com for the Mommy Blogger awards in the "fertility" section!

I also got a few blog awards recently and it's made me realize I have a LOT of awards to pass on! So I'm going to try to get around to that over the next month. But enough about me, I want to introduce you to our next awesome sponsor who is donating a prize to one of my March of Dimes donors.

Stephanie Caldwell is the owner of her own self-titled shop and makes ADORABLE children's accessories. Just look at this beautiful baby cocoon!Stephanie is a wife and mother. Her daughter, Louella Irene, will be two this October! They live in Michigan in a house of seven people! Her husband, daughter and her along with her parents and two sisters. She says it's chaotic, but they love every minute of it. Louella gets to spend tons of time with her family. Which is very important to her (and something I hope I can somehow have the same thing for my little ones one day).I just love how Stephanie got into making these things. She said when Louella was born she wanted to make something special for her, but at the time all she could crochet was a square. So "I took my lack of knowledge and skills and turned it into something beautiful," she said. "I'll admit my first scarf was horrible. But I practiced and got better and the scarfs turned more elaborate and colorful."

Now look what she's created! She said she never thought to herself 'oh scarfs for babies! what a great idea'. It just came naturally. She likes and wears scarfs..."Why not have my baby wear them too?" she asked.

And that's how it happened. Then her business evolved from that. She now makes knitted hats, crochet scarfs, and knitted infant cocoons, along with some adult items.

I must admit when I saw these I immediately wished I still lived in Utah (not many things can make me do that). I think little babies in scarfs are just too adorable!! Check out her shop and her blog to see more of her work. Also, check out her Black Dress Project.
As a thank you to those who donate to this March of Dimes fundraiser, sponsors are donating items for a giveaway! Stephanie has done the same and offered this beautiful Anne-Claire Children's Scarf to one of the donors of $15 or more. (Paypal is only affiliated with donations, they are not affiliated with the drawing/giveaway/raffle)This is a hand crochet from a cotton blend yarn. The scarf made for children 12mo and up. It is warm enough for winter and light enough to wear during autumn and spring. The Anne-Claire scarf measures 43 inches long and 2 inches wide. Made from bright yellows, orange and fuchsia. Bordered in a vibrant fuchsia. This scarf is adorable wrapped around a wee one. And they will love the texture and colors. Normally worth $20 and one of you will get it for FREE as a thank you! :)If you happen to donate $15 to the charity I'll give you a free prize (from me) and free tickets to win this prize from Stephanie Caldwell! Not only are you helping a charity but (for free) I'll give you 15 tickets in my GIANT drawing! You can donate by clicking the "chip in" button to the right or by clicking here. (Paypal is NOT associated with the drawing, just with donations. Questions about the drawing? Email me at babymakingmachine{at}gmail.com)

This is just one of more than 30 prizes (worth over $1000) that's up for grabs in the raffle! See the full list here. 100% of the funds raised are going to March of Dimes, to help save babies!


Read how this got started here!
Check out all of the prizes here!
Enter my Cutest Kid (and pet) Contest here!
Have a giveaway? List it here! Offer extra entries to your peeps for donating!