Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Sunday Praises

My friend Randi noticed a little while ago that I crossed of "Get REALLY good with God" off my Baby Bucket List and wanted to know how that happened.

I've been getting so much better at reading my scriptures every night... I'm not reading them in order or anything currently, but just finding some meaningful versus to read each night before bed. But as long as I can remember nothing can bring me closer to the Lord as quickly as Hymns. It's been that way since I was a little girl.

My uncle joined the LDS church before I was 10 and he gave me a tape with church music on it. I remember falling asleep listening to it almost every night on my tape player.

I was reminded of that memory last week at church when a young woman sang "I Stand All Amazed" in front of the congregation. I kept that Spirit I felt with me the rest of the day... The rest of the week, as my new favorite thing to do is find my favorite church songs on Youtube and play them while I'm on the computer. I need to figure out the songs I like and put them all on a CD one of these days.

Oh, and I came across a picture that I've decided I MUST HAVE... One day! It's not everyday you see a beautiful picture like this will a little girl that looks like I did.
It's called "Hand and Hand" and it's by Greg Olsen.

Last week I decided to turn off the TV and think a little more. I've still been busy with work and other distractions but I've been more focused on listening to the whispers of the Spirit, and just been plain happier. Somehow my mind seems clearer and I just have a complete comfort that everything is going to work out, and I'm reminded of my many blessings.

This week I'm grateful for:
My health
My wonderful husband
My job, a career I'm good at, and source of income
My benefits... Being able to have GREAT health insurance
Snoop... Who is always so happy to greet me when I get home
My husband's job, and desire to be a good husband and father
Knowing there is a God--Not just believing KNOWING!
My faith and optimism
The EXCITEMENT we BOTH have to become parents!

Really, never have I been so excited, and my excitement is really coming from a different source. I'm less excited about the cute ways I'm going to dress my baby up and more excited about raising a child of God.

Looking at this picture and remembering the innocents and love I had for church when I was a little girl and it reminded me of my favorite song I'd sing at church back in the day. It was called "A Child's Prayer" and I'd request it and belt it out whenever given the chance.

Heavenly Father, are you really there...
And do you hear and answer every child's prayer?
Some say that Heaven is far away
But I feel it close around me as I pray
Heavenly Father, I remember now
Something that Jesus told disciples long ago
"Suffer the children to come to me"
Father in prayer I'm coming now to thee.

Pray, He is there
Speak, He is listening
You are His child
His love now surrounds you
He hears your prayer
He loves the children
Of such is the Kingdom
The Kingdom of Heaven


I can't wait to have a child of my own to share my love with, and share my love for the Lord with. I hope He trusts us enough to bless us with one of His children sometime soon.