Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Train (Wreck) of Thought

I remember when I was in high school someone telling me men think about sex every seven seconds. I never really understood how that could be possible. I mean, what exactly would that thought process be like?

Dude example #1: "Hi! nice to meet you, my name is Jeff..." 'And girl, you are looking SO FLY in those jeans, if we weren't in public I'd...'

Or maybe it's not always as blatant, but just triggered by things. I mean, women aren't around ALL the time!
Dude example #2: 'Now the mathematic equation of Y over SEX... X...'

Or perhaps it's an obvious word that triggers it the most.
Dude example #3: "Sure mom, I'll run to the store and pick up some chicken breasts"...'Breasts, oooh, boobs boobs boobs!!'

Who knows?

Maybe they (who? I don't know, the people who take the time to calculate this stuff) averaged it out and came to the conclusion of seven seconds. Because I can't imagine a guy at a strip club, then a priest thinking about sex the same about of time.

...Either here nor there, I think I'm starting to get it. No... Really understand where they're coming from. That having your train of thought jolted every few moments to one particular subject over and over isn't exactly fun. But for me, the process goes more like this:

Example #1: At the mall
"Ooh, these jeans look good on me, and they're on SALE!" 'YESSSS! ...But will I be able to still fit in them after I have a baby? ...Baby, I want one!'

Example #2: At home, when random pregnancy facts strike!
'Ok, so I've gotta get ready for work. Alright, first I'll hurry and brush my teeth again... And floss, that'll help prevent gum diseases... Diseases like Periodontal disease... Periodontal disease can cause premature birth.... Better floss extra good'

Example #3: At work when I get the fever.
"I love your outfit!" 'Oooh and her shoes are cute too. But I hate shoes, they never have my size.. Are my feet seriously going to get bigger when I'm pregnant?!?... Pregnant, aww!'

So needless to say, babies are almost always on my mind right now. I started this blog to help diffuse the baby steam in my brain. Little did I know after posting nearly every day for eight months I'd still have lots to talk about. Baby Makin(g) Machine has always been my place to dump that all out. But I didn't know that even here, it could become overload... At least for the 5/11 people who have responded so far on my poll. So, when I'm thinking about other interesting things besides babies, pregnancy and getting pregnant. I'll consider writing about it. Maybe getting my new DSLR will help.

How does that sound?

Photo by NY Times