Saturday, September 26, 2009

Can Stress Serve as Birth Control?

As I noted earlier, one of our cars was broken into earlier this week. We know it could happen anywhere but we've been wondering a little bit about out area for awhile now. We live in a nice neighborhood but in a "bad area." Not bad like drive bys and what not... Just not the best area when it comes to crime and drugs apparently. <---Stressful fact #1

But like I said, our little neighborhood of townhomes is nice, and we got a good deal, so we're debating a little. Our lease is up in November, so we don't have a long time to decide. In fact, I think we have a few weeks. <--- Stressful fact #2.

If you follow me on Twitter you may have seen my constant whining about my dead computer. Yes, my beautiful and wonderful Macbook Pro has sortof died. "Why didn't you buy the extended warranty?" Well I did. And it expired three months ago... Figures. <---Stressful fact #3

So I haven't had time to blog. Yes, I know it's only been a day, but I was trying to do a double post thing while the fundraiser is going on. <---Stressful fact #4

I'm also not able to tweet as often, make anything with Photoshop, and I have to re-organize/ start over with the cutest baby/kid/pet contest! <---Stressful facts #5, 6 and 7.

If you've emailed me and I haven't responded don't be alarmed. I haven't had much Internet time. The thoughts of my repair bill, and the fact that I didn't back all of my pictures, documents and programs up doesn't help my stress level either, and I'm constantly in a bad mood. I'm trying to relax but it's really difficult when I think about everything at once. I hate that I have to wait until Monday to do anything. I had my husband go to the genius bar at the Apple store and they did the diagnostic, and it's kind of a big problem.

I have to get my hard drive backed up before they repair it cause everything will most likely be wiped off. But I can't see anything on the screen so I can't back it up myself... My IT friend tried to hook it up to another monitor but that didn't work either.

So Monday I'm waking up at the butt crack of dawn to get my computer fixed! Apple will have to take it away and mail it back to me so it could be *gasp* a week or so until I have it back!!! *sad face*

Maybe it's a sign. Maybe I rely, and spend a little too much time on my laptop. My husband is pleased to see me more (when I'm not yelling at him to get off his computer, because he's not allowed to play on his computer when I can't play on mine.), And I see now it's Fall. Maybe its' a nice break from it all. And if anything, it's a lesson learned. I'll back up my hard drive more often, and even look into a program called Time Machine.

I'm going to do my best to publish the photo contest tonight... But don't hate me if it's more like tomorrow or Monday.

I'm also thinking of scheduling a massage for Monday. I haven't had a real day off in about a month (when I'm not working I usually babysit in the evenings on my days off), so Monday I want to take a FULL day off and detox! Seriously... I feel like I'm one broken nail away from a nervous breakdown.

Speaking of stress. As my hubs and I were looking over the coming expenses I got a little sad thinking how I had hoped we'd be spending savings money on things for a little one... Not stuff that breaks. But hey... Crap happens right? My mind began to wander and my husband said what I had been thinking inside "Maybe we should wait."

I don't think that's the final decision, but it's something I'm thinking about. What if this drama is a sign? ... Or maybe it's a test. Either way, I'm wondering if my stress this month can serve as my birth control. I know it's not good for fertility, and knowing that I'm writing this month off as a lost cause already.

I use to think that "not preventing but not trying" thing sounded ridiculous, but I think I'm beginning to understand what they mean. I can honestly say if I get a BFN next month, I doubt I'll be very disappointed. But... At least the clock is still running, so if one day I need to get help from a doctor I can saw I've been at it awhile.

On a scale from 1-10 on how badly I was trying for a baby I think I went from an 11 to a 5.

Thank heavens though, there's a light at the end of the tunnel. Look at what we're doing for March of Dimes! We reached our half-way goal in one week! There's still three more weeks, and more time to donate, and win prizes! I have a feeling we'll make our goal. Thanks so much to all of you who have blogged about this cause and been helping me spread the word. And a BIG thank you to those who have donated! 100% of the donations are going to March of Dimes, and 100% of the prizes are going to donors! Yep! This is all for you! :)

I'm still getting more interested sponsors too, so be on the lookout for my coming features!

I'm hoping starting Sunday or Monday to get a couple of sponsor features up a day. Luckily we have another computer (it just isn't as pretty or as easy for me to use as my Mac). If I stay up late a few nights I think I'll be able to write a bunch and schedule them to post so I can relax more during the week!

Sorry that 90% of this post was me whining. I think sometimes I've just gotta let it out!!