Sunday, October 11, 2009

Christina Jones Exclusives: Sponsor #19

Short story: I.. The self-proclaimed "Baby Makin' Machine," found making a baby isn't as easy as I had hoped. So to take my mind off baby makin' I'm spending a month raising money to help March of Dimes babies. Read the long story about how this fundraiser got started here!

Don't forget to email your cutest baby photos to my by midnight tonight (10/11)!! BabyMakingMachine{at}gmail.com

Oh ladies ladies!! if you haven't been paying attention you are going to want to listen up now!! One of my readers commented the other day saying she loves all of these prizes, but is sad she can't use some of the pregnancy/ baby stuff! Well well, for you future mama's like myself (and moms who often don't treat themselves because they're busy doing stuff for their children) prepare to spoil yourself!I know I'm personally not much of a crafter, but I had no idea people made handmade handbags! I mean... I guess it has to go through someone's hands at some point, but I know I haven't met anyone who can made handbags this cute! Before I go on, let me give you a sneak peek at some of her work:Now I bet you want to stick around!

Meet the woman behind self-titled Christina Jones Exclusives. First time Mommy-to-be! Let me tell you about her, and her amazing talent!

Christina told me the vision for CJE came about while she was searching for cute, affordable bags not only for herself, but to gift to others.

"I continuously ran into the same problem," she said. "The bags that I really loved were way beyond my spending range. Louie Vuitton, Balenciaga, Gucci, Chanel. yes, They all offer absolutely fabulous bags. But for those of us who are shopping with a budget in mind, especially in this economy, who can afford to pay $800+ for a clutch? I know I can't! So, I thought about it. I can sew. I love fashion. I have an eye for design and fabulous fabrics. I decided to make them myself!"
Wow! Talk about ambition! And if you ask me these are just as cute if not cuter!! Besides, who wants a bunch of someone else's initials on their bag (and expensive ones at that!)?
Christina said she took a hiatus when she found out she was pregnant.

"Well, not when I found out," she said. "But a few weeks later, when I became so terribly, horribly sick that I couldn't eat, move, pull myself out of the bed! I haven't yet been able to gather the energy to start it up again." Yikes! Hope I don't get that sick!!
She and her husband Byron have been married for a little over a year. They celebrated their first anniversary on June 21, 2009, two months after they found out they were expecting their first child. HOW. CUTE. IS. THAT?! She said after she has the baby, and gets settled into her new life as a mommy, she will be starting her shop back up! Until then, she will be making bags only in her spare time.

And that's not all she makes! She made the jewelry set above! Yep, she makes all kinds of accessories! Look at this beautiful set!
I'm so excited to tell you wonderful donors what you get to win! Generous Christina has offered to donate not only a Custom Clutch Purse to one winner, but also a Custom Necklace to another! Yes, that's two winners!! Tell your friends, this is all for the great cause of March of Dimes! To find out more about this sponsor visit her blog or Follow @christinacjones. If you donate just $20 to the charity I'll give you 20 tickets to win this prize from Christina Jones Exclusives! Not only are you helping a charity but you get 20 tickets in our GIANT drawing! AND you get a GUARANTEED prize from ME! One of which can be two of these cute baby headbands and bows! Look I made these!! (Or you can get a custom doggie bandanna instead) You can donate by clicking the "chip in" button to the right or by clicking here. (Paypal is NOT associated with the drawing, just with donations. Questions about the drawing? Email me at babymakingmachine{at}gmail.com)

This is just one of more than 40 prizes (worth over $1500) that's up for grabs in the drawing! See the full list here. 100% of the funds raised are going to March of Dimes, to help save babies!

Read how this got started here!
Check out all of the prizes here!
Enter my 2nd Cutest Baby Contest here!
Have a giveaway? List it here! Offer extra entries to your peeps for donating!