Thursday, October 8, 2009

Hippo Baby Favor Cakes: Sponsor #14

Short story: I.. The self-proclaimed "Baby Makin' Machine," found making a baby isn't as easy as I had hoped. So to take my mind off baby makin' I'm spending a month raising money to help March of Dimes babies. Read the long story about how this fundraiser got started here!

One thing I CAN NOT WAIT for is to be able to shop for my cute little one. Did I ever mention I REFUSE to buy things for a baby I am not pregnant with? Yea... So I window shop a lot, but I've never before bought anything to save.

For now, I live vicariously through my friends who are having babies, and pray that one day soon that'll be me! One place I plan to do a lot of online shopping for my own little hippo at is Hippo Baby. They were one of the sponsors for my 400th follower giveaway, and they gave away an adorable bandana bib! I'm excited to introduce you to them because it gives me an excuse to post this picture:Erica is the owner of Hippo Baby. She's a mom of two girls, a toddler and a newborn and married to a computer geek/sports lover (oxymoron right?) going on eight years now.

"I began my business a little over a year ago when making plans to return staying at home with our oldest daughter," she said. "I wanted to create an online boutique that I could operate from home and I had babies on the brain so thus, Hippo Baby was born and named after the little Texas town we live in where the city mascot is, you guessed it, the hippo."

Her goal with Hippo Baby is to offer gifts that are unique and useful. Nearly all of her items were created by other moms and caregivers who understand the joys and challenges of caring for a baby.

"I love it when a product has a story behind it like the Baby Briefcase, created by a mom who was flabergasted by all the paperwork she received from the hospital after giving birth, or the moms who designed Teething Bling so they could have jewelry that's stylish and safe for babies to chew on," she said.
The newest addition to Hippo Baby and one she's very proud of, are my FavorCakes. These are decorative cakes made completely from party favor boxes and are a great centerpiece for birthdays, baby showers, or any type of party.
"I know as a mom, when you're planning a party you have enough things on your mind so I've designed my FavorCakes to serve as decoration, party favors, and a keepsake for the guest of honor all-in-one," Erica said. "All you have to do is set it up on a table and hand out the boxes to your guests. Now that Autumn is here, I'm excited to start designing cakes with Fall and Halloween themes."
For more information about our baby gifts or FavorCakes please visit their website at www.shophippobaby.com.

Erica is sweet enough to donate not just one beautiful CUSTOM mini favor cake, but also give a $15 gift certificate to anther winner towards a custom favor cake... That's TWO WINNERS here! This is a thank you for donating to this wonderful cause!!

If you happen to donate just $15 to the charity I'll give you 15 free tickets to win this prize from Hippo Baby! Not only are you helping a charity but you get 15 tickets in our GIANT drawing! AND you get a GUARANTEED prize from ME! (Either cute hairbows or a doggie bandanna) You can donate by clicking the "chip in" button to the right or by clicking here. (Paypal is NOT associated with the drawing, just with donations. Questions about the drawing? Email me at babymakingmachine{at}gmail.com)

This is just one of more than 40 prizes (worth over $1500) that's up for grabs in the drawing! See the full list here. 100% of the funds raised are going to March of Dimes, to help save babies!

Read how this got started here!
Check out all of the prizes here!
Enter my 2nd Cutest Baby Contest here!
Have a giveaway? List it here! Offer extra entries to your peeps for donating!