Friday, October 9, 2009

Hot Mama Gowns- Sponsor #15

Short story: I.. The self-proclaimed "Baby Makin' Machine," found making a baby isn't as easy as I had hoped. So to take my mind off baby makin' I'm spending a month raising money to help March of Dimes babies. Read the long story about how this fundraiser got started here!

Ok, I can't hold in my excitement anymore... I can finally let it out!! When I first started planning this fund raiser I had like 5 sponsors. It has grown to 35 and about 45 prizes (not including all of the guaranteed prizes I'm giving away to people). But one of the first people to join on board was one wonderful, and very Hot Mama, who came up with a very trendy and convenient idea for new moms... Or moms with new babies I should say. And since I'm SOOOO obsessed with everything pregnancy and labor right now, I've been bouncing in my seat waiting to tell you about this! Seriously... If you've been waiting to make a donation, this should give you that extra push to chip in! Diedrea is the woman behind Hot Mama Gowns. It's “Hot Mama” alternative to the generic hospital gown. They are made of 100% Organic Cotton, manufactured in the USA. Designed to fit mom before and after pregnancy; the gowns include a full snap-down back to keep Mom’s derriere covered while allowing all the access the doctors and staff need.
Breastfeeding moms will love this next feature... The gowns have two ribbon-tied panels which allow for quick and easy access to Mom’s breasts for discreet nursing. The gowns can be expanded or contracted (no pun intended) so they will fit Mom’s belly during pregnancy; but also look and feel like pajamas that can be worn at home after delivery.I'm not gonna lie, a year ago I would have said "Waaah?" To this... But now, the more excited I get about pregnancy, and having a new child of my own, and as the thought process about labor and delivery sinks in, I realize something like this could be VERY useful! Ok so they have gowns in the hospital... And people may think "Wow... She's prepared!"But look at my blog people... I think preparing is my middle name. Oh and plus... Kimora Lee had one (I love Baby Phat, but that's another story)!!
"How did Hot Mama Gowns get started?" You asked! Well, let me tell you!

Hot Mama Gowns were birthed at the same time Deidrea’s daughter was born in 2006. After an unmedicated, swift delivery, Deidrea became very aware of the gross, faded hospital gown she was wearing. The generic hospital gown did her no favors as she sat in the bed exhausted. When she wanted to breastfeed, she had to completely remove her arm from the gown, leaving her entire side exposed. Having friends and family walk in at all times became very uncomfortable, as she sat in the bed half exposed trying to nurse her baby. She knew there had to be a better way. So she started designing an alternative to the generic gown.
She was committed to using only organic fabric and manufacturing in the US, despite the higher cost. When designing the gowns, she wanted them to be stylish and comfortable, but also functional. She designed a system that would allow the Mom access to each of her breasts individually, without being exposed. She also designed the gowns to extend beyond labor and delivery so they could also be worn at home while Mom is healing and breastfeeding frequently. The gowns have ribbon-tied panels which allow the gown to be expanded to accommodate a pregnant belly, but then can also be cinched in, transforming the gown into nursing pajamas.
What I love even more about Deidrea... She loves March of Dimes too! And they donate part of their proceeds to the charity already. Now... in order to support my fund raising efforts for this wonderful charity, she's donating a gift certificate to one lucky donor! But not a $20 gift certificate for a $20 donation... No... She's donating a gift certificate that can get you a Hot Mama Gown in any size!! Aren't having a baby? That's ok! If you're like me you have about five friends right now who are about to! This is a $150-$170 value!! A GIFT for donating!! Woah!If you donate just $20 to the charity I'll give you 20 tickets to win this prize from Hot Mama Gowns! Not only are you helping a charity but you get 20 tickets in our GIANT drawing! AND you get a GUARANTEED prize from ME! One of which can be two of these cute baby hairbows! Look I made these!! (Or you can get a custom doggie bandanna instead) You can donate by clicking the "chip in" button to the right or by clicking here. (Paypal is NOT associated with the drawing, just with donations. Questions about the drawing? Email me at babymakingmachine{at}gmail.com)

This is just one of more than 40 prizes (worth over $1500) that's up for grabs in the drawing! See the full list here. 100% of the funds raised are going to March of Dimes, to help save babies!

Read how this got started here!
Check out all of the prizes here!
Enter my 2nd Cutest Baby Contest here!
Have a giveaway? List it here! Offer extra entries to your peeps for donating!