Monday, November 23, 2009

9 Weeks Pregnant and Getting Fatter!

I swear I get bigger as the day goes on. Last night I was getting undressed and caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and GASPED! ...No lie, then I grabbed my stomach.

My iPhone ap said this would happen. The "What to Expect" one. It said this week I should take off my shirt, take a deep breath and look in the mirror! I know a lot of people don't start taking belly pictures until 12 weeks or so but I'm glad I have been. Even with my shirt on you can tell a difference in these pictures. Maybe it's because I was so small to begin with. Or maybe I was just REALLY bloated last night, I dunno.

I ran downstairs to show my husband.

"I've totally got a fat stomach now!" I told him.
"Really, have you been eating a l-- WOAH!" And he grabbed it. See, even he notices!
Here are the changes that happened with Spawnie during my 9th week according to Baby Center:
- Finally starting to look more and more human.
- Spawnie's essential body parts are accounted for, though they'll go through plenty of fine-tuning in the coming months.
- Spawnie's heart finishes dividing into four chambers, and the valves start to form as do tiny teeth.
- The embryonic "tail" is completely gone.
- My baby's organs, muscles, and nerves are kicking into gear.
- The external sex organs are there (Woohoo!) but won't be distinguishable as male or female for another few weeks.
- Eyes are fully formed, but Spawnie's eyelids are fused shut and won't open until 27 weeks.
- Spawnie has tiny earlobes, and mouth, nose, and nostrils are more distinct.
- The placenta is developed enough now to take over most of the critical job of producing hormones and now Spawnie will start gaining a lot of weight.

Going on with me:
- Physically I'm getting bigger
-My nausea is getting worse though I still haven't vomited
- I'm still going through a lot of mood swings though I'm trying to control them better
-I'm ALWAYS craving potatoes:
There were several times this week that I ordered a baked potato along with french fries, then baked more of my own french fries when I came home. Then I bought potato skins... Oh and hash browns. I LOVE potatoes. Always have, but apparently Spawnie does too, which I'm happy about.

I went for a checkup last Tuesday and we didn't get to hear the heartbeat but we saw our baby again. Spawnie was much bigger and the heart was too! Next time, in December we'll get to hear it. My little person didn't want to move for us... I guess it was sleeping. I'm thinking of drinking a Dr. Pepper before the next ultrasound to see if I can get baby to move more. I can't wait to feel the kicking!!I'm so happy because this week, although I have to work on Thanksgiving, I have 4 days off! So I'll be catching up on a lot of rest, and getting Christmas decorations ready to put up. I've NEVER been in a hurry to put up Christmas stuff. In fact, I'm usually annoyed by people who skip Thanksgiving... That's me this year. A few people told me it's nesting, but I didn't think that happened so early.

I'm also still tired all of the time. When I get a break from work I enjoy lounging around and watching TV. Speaking of TV... Tuesday at 10:30am EST I'll have my 2nd MomTV show and I'll be answering your questions from my ask me anything post, and answering any other questions from the chatroom live!

And now... The must awaited photo.. You won't believe your eyes! Were you this big at 9 weeks? I will say... In the morning it's not as big, I think because I sleep on my stomach and back a lot and it flattens it out. By night time I look like this!PS: I forgot to add! At my last dr's appointment I had gained one pound (in 2 weeks) so I think I'm on track?!

To learn more about being 9 weeks pregnant visit Pregnancy Corner. (Sponsored)