Sunday, February 7, 2010

20 Weeks Down 20 Weeks to Go!

Dear Spawnie,

We've made it! Can you believe it? We are to our half-way point! Not only that, but this week I found out you're my baby GIRL! I can't believe it. Partly because all of the tests seemed to think you were a boy and partly because it just seems to good to be true! I know boys aren't that bad but girls are just so much fun! I told myself if you were in fact a girl then I'd be in for it, cause you're one to go against the grain already. But you know what... That's a lot like your mommy!

Let me tell you something little girl... I want you to know you can be WHATEVER you want to be! You can be a doctor, a lawyer, a firefighter, a teacher, and you can be a mom too! As you're growing up you'll see all sorts of moms and women who do all sorts of things! I want you to know you can go for whatever you dream! I did, and I'm so happy I did. Especially since I'm finally going for my biggest dream, and that's to have you!When we went in this week for our ultrasound I was SO surprised to see you were a girl. Finding that out really made me the happiest mommy alive! It also makes all of this seem so much more real!

Your daddy bought you a dress that day and I got you one the next day. People tell us not to buy too many clothes and to stock up on things like diapers but it's so hard when dresses are the fun things. I'm not sure I'll ever buy you a pair of pants!

When we got your measurements you were looking nice and healthy! You kicked me quite a bit during the ultrasound too! I could see it and feel it at the same time! You were upside down, it didn't look very comfortable, you were really standing on your head! I was worried at first because your pictures didn't look like other pictures I've seen where they can clearly make out all of the body parts. At first it looked like you didn't have any arms! But you aren't armless! The tech pointed out your arms to us!
You look like you're weighing about 10 1/2 ounces now. You should be about 6 1/2 inches long now, or about the length of a banana. I can't remember what you measured to exactly during the ultrasound.

You're swallowing more now, which apparently is good for your digestive system.

There were a couple of things the doctor talked to us about concerning you. Number one, mommy is five months pregnant now and I've only gained about 3 pounds! You wouldn't think it looking at this picture though. You can even see my belly button sticking out through my shirt!

I don't get a lot of time to eat during the week when I'm working hard so I'm going to make a conscious effort to eat more this week. We also couldn't see the front of your face because of the way you were positioned so we'll be doing another ultrasound in three weeks to make sure you're looking nice and healthy there too... I'm sure you are! We also have to get more pictures of your umbilical cord.I'm already beginning to shop for you! I ordered you a princess book, and some other story books. I also got some butterflies to decorate your room with, and I'm looking for your crib bedding now! I can't wait to meet you my little daughter... Oh. And we decided on your name! I hope we don't change it, I like it! But I'm not telling anyone yet. I will tell you though that you and I will have the same initials! J.L.!

Love you baby girl, keep growing strong!

Love,

Mommy

****
Question of the day: Did you ultrasound pictures confuse you too or did your baby look more like a baby at 20 weeks?

A word from a sponsor: For more in depth information about being 20 weeks pregnant check out Pregnancy Corner.

Oh, and looking for a nursing bra? My friend wants you to know about a good deal on nursing bras.