Friday, February 12, 2010

21 Weeks Pregnant With a Dancing Baby

Dear Daughter,

I had a dream about you last night. It seemed so real. I was holding you, staring into your beautiful big hazel eyes, adoring your caramel skin and head full of fluffy hair. I was kissing your sweet cheeks.

I woke up feeling so sad at the realization that you weren't here with me, my eyes still water every time I think about that dream and the love I feel for you already. But then I pat my big belly and know that it won't be long before we meet face to face.
21 weeks belly
It all feels so much more real now, so much stronger. I'm ACTUALLY having a baby... You, my baby girl, my daughter! Daughter... I can't get use to that word. Just about every day I've bought something else for you. I'm thinking more seriously about how I want you to come into the world. I didn't think I cared that much before, so long as you're healthy, but I'd really like it to be a pleasant experience if possible, and I'd like to be able to play with you shortly after if you're up for it. By playing I mean dress up, I have so many things I want you to try on. You are going to be my little baby doll.

Babydoll... Hmm, maybe that will be the new nickname I call you. Your father says I don't have to call you Spawnie anymore since we know you're a girl but I can't help it sometimes.

I feel you every day. Usually in the evening, or during the day when we're using your BabyPlus. I'm not sure if you love it or hate it but I know you love to move around when that thing is on!

You also seem to like to dance around when I'm playing music. Earlier this week I hadn't felt you move yet that day and I started playing the song "Daughters" by John Mayer and you started kicking a lot. Sometimes you used to feel like flutters but now I can feel your big kicks!
You now weigh about three-quarters of a pound and are about 10 1/2 inches long — the length of a carrot! In other developments, your eyebrows and lids are now developed, and if you're lady parts are also developing!

I'm soooooo so so excited to meet you. Some days I wake up worried I've been dreaming it all. This really does all feel too good to be true. And I give thanks in my prayers every day to be so blessed to be having you.
Every day when I look at your daddy and Snoop I picture you joining us in a matter of months and my heart just melts from the excitement and joy. I know there will be hard times with lack of sleep and lots of tears. I know there will be times when we're both crying, I'm sure if it. But I know that it will all be worth it, and that we're all going to make a great team!

Keep growing little girl!

I love you with all my heart,
Mommy
****
An now, a word from our sponsors: For more in depth information about being 21 weeks pregnant visit Pregnancy Corner.