Sunday, April 25, 2010

Mommy Measure Measuring My Milestones

I LOVE documenting things. I've especially loved documenting my pregnancy with weekly photos and journals.Another fun way to document things that I've recently discovered is the Mommy Measure. Have you seen this? It's an adorable little measuring tape that has space for your little journal markings. It's great for women who maybe don't like to write-journal a lot, but prefer to jot down little notes from time to time. Or in my case... For people who like to document in as MANY ways as possible!
Here's how I use it:

When something special comes up, like my baby shower, or the first time I feel Spawnie's hiccups (still waiting to notice that one) I measure my belly and mark that date with a heart sticker, and write how far along I am, and the occasion below it.
My handwriting's not the best, but I guess that's something I'll be able to prove to my little girl too when I show her this. I try to measure my stomach every-other week if I remember, or mark down "special days."

You can also use it after birth to measure your baby's growth his/her first year!

I got my Mommy Measure right as I found out Spawnie was a girl and looking back I wish I had marked that day down. At the time I was concerned about "messing it up" but now I think the more stickers the better!I'm going to keep using it though my last 8.5 weeks and mark the day I finally catch her kicking on video, the day I feel her first hiccups, and maybe I'll record a funny dream I have or something, as well as when contractions start. So lots to look forward to!

Then, on her delivery day, I'll write all of her stats on it, and it'll be a great keepsake for a scrapbook (if I get the courage to make one!).Here's a little more information about Mommy Measure:
"If you are looking for the perfect pregnancy gift, the Mommy Measure is it! Our unique patent pending pregnancy growth chart & journal make it easy to record your belly growth (Fundal height / belly circumference) and pregnancy milestones.

The Mommy Measure creates a unique timeline of your pregnancy journey and allows you to compare measurements and experiences of previous or future pregnancies.

The Mommy Measure can also be used to track your baby's first year of growth. Simply lay the Mommy Measure™ alongside your baby on a flat surface and mark their length and write special milestones.

With the Mommy Measure you will never forget the moments where it all started."
***Buy One!***
Another great thing about this is it's only $15. And it comes in gender neutral colors, like mine, as well as pink and blue! It's a great gift for expecting mama's!

You can find out more about them, deals and contests by Following @MommyMeasure on Twitter or by "Liking" Mommy Measure on Facebook.
***Win One!***
What do you think of Mommy Measure? Leave a comment letting me know to enter to win one! it comes with a permanent thin-point sharpie, the measuring tape, directions, and 24 heart-shaped stickers!

*For Extra Entries*
-Be(come) a follower of my blog
-Follow @MommyMeasure on Twitter and tweet about this contest including them in the tweet.
-"Like" Mommy Measure on Facebook and leave a comment on their wall telling them you came from here!

Contest Ends Tuesday May 4th at 11:59pm
Random.org will choose my winner. Good Luck!

**Thanks to Mommy Measure for sending me the item to try for this review and one for the giveaway. I was not paid for this review and opinions are my own!**