Saturday, September 18, 2010

It's Been a Fun Two Months

My Beautiful Daughter,

You're only two months old but already, I'm beginning to feel like you've been in my life forever. My favorite part of the day is when you're in a good mood and smiling. You talk baby talk a lot now too. You especially like to show me how much you can say when I'm on the phone. We've also heard you say "Dada" quite a few times, mostly when you've had enough fun in your swing.

You also know when I'm coming to get you now because you'll fuss a little, but stop once you see me and start smiling and kicking your feet. It's so cute. I can't believe how smart you are!

You've been on three big trips already, and seven flights! That's more than some adults have been on.

Grandma introduced you to Elmo and you love him. I'm not sure how much you can make out on the tv but you smile and giggle at whatever you van make out, and I guess his voice. You don't knnow this yet but I got you a Tickel Me Elmo for Christmas. I hope you'll like it!

One of your favorite things to do is to look at yourself. I record videos of you dancing and you just love seeing yourself move on the computer screen. You smile and laugh at yourself.

You're also starting to notice Snoop a little. But I think you may be allergic to his kisses because he licked your face and it turned all red on that side for an hour or so.
Snoop and baby
Just as I predicted when you were in my womb, you're very strong. You try to use your legs to stand up and you've been doing that for about a month! You try to climb up the stomach of whoever is holding you. And when we lay you on your back but slightly propped, you stick out your arms and try to sit up using your little tummy muscles. You get mad when you can't move far.

When we flip you over for tummy time you kick your legs around and push yourself up. You like playing on your tummy for awhile. I can't wait until you start grabbing toys and things too. It seems like you're just starting to notice them, but don't know how to grab it yet.
tummy time
You also love bath time. You love feeling the water and you're sneaky sometimes and try to drink the water.

I think you're really going to like solid food. I'm excited to introduce it to you in a few months. You always look a my food when I eat and you slober a lot. I think you want to taste it.

When we went to the doctor you got your two month vaccines and it was so sad. I felt bad knowing something was about to hurt you, and having to sit there while you cried. You were so happy right before the nurse poked you. Watching you go from smiling to crying made me cry. But I nursed you right after and you were ok.

Before your shots we weighed and measured you and you were about 13.5lbs and 23.5in long. So you're 90th percentile for weight and 95th for height right now. It's so fun watching you grow but it's a little sad too. Sometimes I feel like I already want to get to work on getting you a brother or a sister, but then again I don't think we're quite ready for that yet.

I've had so much fun hanging out with you all day long during my maternity leave. We've had so much fun together. We traveled a lot the first couple of months but these last few weeks we've gotten to relax more and hang out around home.

We have a fun morning routine, you and I. When you start to wake up to eat around 7, so I bring you in bed with me and we go back to sleep until about 9. Then you want to eat again and you finally wake up for the day and are all smiley and happy.

I pump some milk for you and we sing songs and play patty cake. It's probably my favorite part of the day. Then we go downstairs and I let you play in your swing for a little bit while I make breakfast: Strawberry oatmeal and a cinnamon raisin bagel. Then I let you sit with me while I eat and we watch three or four episodes of Say Yes to the Dress on DVR.

I remind you that you don't need a $10,000 Pnina Tornai dress to be happy, and that you should wait a long long time to get married.

It's funny because I really started to get into the show during my labor with you. A Say Yes to the Dress marathon was on TV in the hospital so I watched that after my epidural and until it was time to push.

I've had so much fun spending my time off with you. It's been way more fun than I imagined and it's hard picturing not being with you all day. But I have to remember there's a season for everything and this time in your life it'll be daddy's turn to spend some time with you.
2 months
I suppose we'll get used to being apart for a little while. And you'll get to spend some quality time with Daddy for a while. Go easy on him. You and I have things figured out for us but it may take you guys a while to figure out what works for you two.

Being a mommy isn't boring or difficult like I used to worry it would be. It's really really fun.

Thanks for brightening up my world little one!

Love,

Mommy


Everyone who comments on this post before September 25th at 11:59pm will be entered to win an eco-friendly $25 gift card from GiftZip.com. Follow @GiftZip on Twitter or Facebook for an extra entry.

****
Random.org winner of the Sugar Sweet Baby wrap: #165 Mama Campbell Congratulations! I'll email you so you can claim your prize!

Everyone who didn't win... You can get 20% off your wrap order for the next week using the code: "BabyMakingMama"