Sunday, November 7, 2010

Lactation Cookies: Show Me What You're Makin' Monday

That's right. Lactation Cookies! No, they're not made with breast milk but made FOR breast milk. I heard of these way back when, before I was even pregnant. I remembered them a couple of weeks ago when I started to worry a little about my supply. It's been up and down a little since I've been back at work and I kinda have been thinking I'd try a few easy things that could help. And what better excuse to eat cookies?
Hardier Lime
I looked up my previous post on the topic and found Hardier Lime's shop and bought mix for a dozen oatmeal raisin milk enhancing cookies! I think it was only like $8 for a dozen, not bad!

Believe it or not I didn't have vanilla so it took me a week or so to get around to buying some, then another week before I got around to making them. Today was the perfect day since I was down in the dumps about spilling a bottle of breast milk after pumping *sad face*.

I just started taking an herbal supplement with feungreek (more on that later) and I thought these cookies would not only cheer me up, but help as well.

The instructions were super easy and I never, and I mean hardly EVER (maybe once every few months) bake. So I was so happy with how quick and easy these were. It normally takes me reading the directions time and time again to make sure I don't screw it up, but even with me reading these 5Xs it only took about 20 minutes total to make, including the 8-10min baking time.

I just took them out of the oven and took a bite and they are SOOOO yummy!
What do you think? Want to try? Everyone who leaves a comment before next Monday the 15th will be entered to win a bag of these milk enhancing cookies! Follow @hardierlime on twitter or link up to What I'm Makin' Monday below and get an extra entry. Just leave an extra comment to let me know!

Winner will be announced on my Facebook Page.

What did you make this week? Share on What I'm Makin' Monday. It can be food, a craft, a tip, anything!
What I'm Making Monday


(highlight ctl+c)