Tuesday, December 7, 2010

After 5 Months With You I'm Ready for 10 More

My Little Journey,

You are growing so beautifully and so smart every day. One of my favorite things about you is how you are so easy to please--Usually. If you are ever just fussy or cranky after you've already eaten I just sing to you and you're fine.

One morning last week I sat on the bed with you and sang to you for about half an hour. I sang just about every primary song I could think of twice, and rocked you back and forth and you just loved it. You watched us in the mirror and didn't make a peep, you just smiled.
Another favorite perk about you is how happy you get when I come home. I didn't think you'd be doing this so soon but you reach out for me. It melts my heart every time. You stick your arms out and lean towards me, or if you're sitting down you'll lift your arms to be picked up.

Every night before bed you and I dance around mommy's room and you laugh and laugh and laugh. I think it's probably your favorite part of the day. Afterward I blow on your tummy and you laugh some more. You are so ticklish now! I got it on camera the other day and I'm so glad because it's something I never want to forget.

You're beginning to sit up by yourself. I feel like I hardly put you down but when I do I'm amazed that you can wiggle your way along the floor, roll from your back and from your tummy, and sit up for a little while--depending if there's something you want to reach for.

You have four different "voices." Your regular voice, where you'll babble and talk. Your cooing voice, which is really high and so sweet, and soft. It makes us laugh because you sound like you're talking to another little baby in your angel voice. Your third voice is loud and gruntish. You aren't mad when you talk in this voice but just very loud. And finally, you have a special voice for when you talk to Snoop. It's kind of a mix between your sweet talking and your grunt talking. At first I thought you were scared of him and starting to whine because he was too close to you, but then I realized you were just trying to communicate, and were reaching closer to pet him.
Now you love to pull on his ears and pet his head. Like your mommy, you love it when he licks your feet.

You still say "dada" so now we walk around the house looking for him and I ask "where's dada?" when we find him I say "there he is!" Then you laugh. You also (by coincidence I'm sure) respond "hi" sometimes when we say hi. It's more of a "Heh" but that counts to us.

You love food. You love smelling it, trying to grab it and put it in your mouth. I've never known a baby your age seeming to want to eat, as much as you seem to. You'll try to grab many things but I can no longer eat with you in my lap because you actually try to eat my food.

Something very pleasant that you've developed this month is the ability to tolerate your car seat. It's like you know we're going someplace fun so you don't cry anymore. Well, not unless we're in the car for longer than 30 minutes, or if we stop for a long period of time. You just look around, play with your toys, talk in the mirror, or fall asleep. I never thought that day would come.

You're also sleeping much better now which is seriously a miracle. I'm worried that's all going to change soon once your teeth start coming through. I haven't noticed any yet but my guess is they're not too far away.

You are so much fun and such a delight. I can't believe in another couple of months you'll probably be crawling around. I just want you to stay tiny forever. Every stage you grow into is my new favorite stage but I still miss the last. You seriously make me want to have ten more babies just like you.

I love being a mommy so much more than I imagined. Thank you for being such a joy.

Love you so much,

Mommy

Everyone who comments on this post before Wednesday December 15th will be entered to win a mother's bracelet of their choice from Gash Jewels (a $40 value!) If you're a blog follower of mine, follow Gash Jewels on Facebook, or Twitter (then tell her hi) you get an extra entry. The random.org winner will be announced on my Facebook page. Good luck!