Friday, July 31, 2009

The Clock is Ticking!! Need Baby Makin' Secrets!

I can’t believe I’m so close… So close to taking the plunge. I’m ready, more ready than ever to try to join the mommy club. Things are falling into place better than I imagined. Don’t laugh, but I’ve had a countdown on my iPhone for a while. Counting down to the day my “baby makin machine” would turn “ON.” I remember looking at it when it was more than 100 days away. I’ve changed the date several times, but this time I think it’s sticking, and I’m finally only 32 days away… Ok, I’m going to just round down and say a MONTH! I’m so excited I’m literally thinking of making a paper chain.

Everything is falling into place too. I’m not a Suga Mama anymore! When I was in Chicago my husband got an interview and a JOB that he likes A LOT! I feel very blessed. The economy hit us pretty hard, but we’ve been blessed an able to rent out our condo for another year, and now this! I was ready to just go for it like NOW but we’ve agreed to stick with our September goal. But when I really think about it it’s like HOLY COW… Scary!! I’m excited, scared, and going into hyper-planning mode all at the same time!

I’m debating on all things pre-TTC, and my original goals and plans are all starting to change. I’m trying to decide if I still want to do a procreation vacation (aka baby-makin’ moon). Part of me does because it would be fun, but then part of me thinks I don’t care anymore, I just want to get this show on the road!! But then again I’ve talked about it and I think kicking it off in a fun way would be… Well, fun. And since I’ve talked about it for so long I kind of want to just do it the fun way like I planned. Oh, and can I just say I was looking at my Fertility Friend chart and it looks like I’ll be ovulating around the 1st of September, so who knows… Maybe I’ll get the first egg right away! What do you think? Baby-Makin Moon? Yay or nay? I'm also a little worried about over-planning and scaring my husband out of it. The goal is NOT to do that!!

Oh, and I know I’ve been a blogging slacker lately… At least for me. Blogher took a lot out of me. I’ll be doing more wrap ups on that later, but I’m hoping to get back into the routine of posting daily again! I’ve got a lot to say my (hopefully) LAST month pre-trying to be a mommy.

I’m looking up a lot of things about trying to conceive and so I have a question for you… Besides sex (obviously) if there was one thing that helped you get pregnant what do you think it was? I hear, laying down propped up at the hips for awhile helps. What else worked for you, or have you heard?