Monday, July 20, 2009

The Trip-- to Blogher '09

I'm about to embark on what may be one of the funnest trips of my life. As many of you know I won the 4th Wheel Contest with The Blogrollers and I'm heading to Atlanta tomorrow morning!! I'm leaving a day early so I can spend a day with my best friend, who is expecting her little one (the one who tested out the Intelligender for me!). We're hoping to spend the day catching up, and I just can't wait to see her tummy! She's about 19 weeks now and she says she has a little bump. Expect to see lots of pictures and possibly videos coming!

I've never been to BlogHer before so I'm not quite sure what to expect. I've been to several journalism conferences in the past but those were much more professional. This one should have a lot of parties, and get-togethers, as well as classes. Don't worry, I'll share all the good info I learn!

While the Blogrollers are hooking me up with a sweet ride (courtesy of Chevy), my ticket, and fun along the way, I also have my own amazing sponsors who are hooking me, and others up with cool stuff during the trip! You'll see me blogging about:
Conceive Online: Probably my newest favorite website. A GREAT resource for all things TTC. I'm one of their newest bloggers, and it's been fun sharing my thoughts there as well. They also have a great place on their site called MyConceive which has great forums, and places to get advice and connect with others TTC. Look for me to get some Conceive swag!
Skincare RX: A great site that makes dermatologist and spa-grade skincare products easy to access. I'll be trying out some of their stuff during the trip.
Dittany Baby: What a shop! They have some of the most beautiful, high-quality products I've seen so far. They sell adorable things for mommy and child, from nursing covers, to slings to leg warmers and lula covers, there's a cute color or style for everyone.
Bellybar: I can't begin to express how excited I am about these guys! I've been wanting to say something for awhile but I have been so busy and trying to get it organized. I was looking at different kinds of nutritious bars to bring on the trip and when I found them I freaked! This company specialized in products to use before, during and after pregnancy! How perfect is that for me? Sure... I could eat any kind of protein bar, but this one is yummy, and has some good natural prenatal nutrients. Find me to get a sample!
Kelloggs: Can you believe they hooked me up?! I am so excited to be munching on some of their 100 calorie packs on the trip... Lawd knows I get the munchies! I'll let you know what kind I'm eating, and if you're lucky, I'll share!
Poken Zoo: Also sent me a Poken... remember in my video I was asking what they were? I'll tell you more about this later but basically it's a REALLY cool social networking device!!

Like I said I'll be blogging more about these sponsors during my trip, as well as other stuff I get while I'm there and things I try with The Blogrollers.

Now my question for you... Are you going? If you are let me know, I'd love to meet up! Speaking of meeting up! If you are in the Atlanta area, we are having our "BlogHer or Bust Road Trip Bon Voyage Party" at 7:00pm on Tuesday July 21 at their favorite pizza joint, Blue Moon Pizza in Vinings. Come join us for a fun-filled evening of pizza, BlogRoller-tinis (I'll be drinking the virgin kind), and of course, PRIZES!! Leave a comment to get an official invite or click here. We'll also be streaming the party live if you can't make it.

It's funny but I'm probably just as excited or more just to be riding with these great women! They all work from home and have successful careers, and are moms. MyBrownBaby has three kids, Wifey has two and so does Chatterbox. And they've all written books!! ...I just am excited to pick their brains about being moms and doing it all! How do yall do it??!

AND... When I get back it'll almost be August which is just one month away from September--My tentative date for putting the Baby Makin' Machine in full service!! I told my BFF and she's excited.. We're hoping our first kid will be less than a year apart... BUT again... Not going to try to overly plan! I don't want to get my hopes up! I'll take it easy.

Question for you: A commenter told me that the thing she thinks made the most difference when TTC was position... What do you think what the thing that helped you best?

I'll leave you with a silly video my BFF and I made a couple of years ago. Oh man... What's to come?! Just to give a little background... We were vlogging before we knew what that meant, in this minute-long video we are trying to figure out what the glitch is in the corner of my computer screen.