Friday, August 21, 2009

The Non-Pregnancy/Baby/Fertility Post

I'm doing this for the 12 people so far who say they'd like to see more posts on things other than that stuff... This is for you, so I hope you're reading this! Other than the title of this post I won't mention the "B" word or talk about my plans to become... You know. I'll warn you though that you may be pretty disappointed because my life... It really isn't that exciting. But let this be my exercise,... my experiment, and we'll see how it goes.

I'm really tired right now because I worked the early-morning shift at work. Meaning I had to be at work at 5am and I was live on TV by 6. What was I talking about?-- Back to school shopping and tax-free weekend. I also did a story about unique students using innovative technology at a school in Texas. I'm not sure if I mentioned before but I am an education reporter so I work a lot at schools, and covering stories about topics related to students and parents.

One thing that's weird about having a job like I do is when people know what I do... They ask me random facts, expecting me to know everything. Like yesterday a lady in my neighborhood asked me when Cash for Clunkers ends. I really wanted to tell her to look it up but I was trying to be nice. She gave me her cell phone number so I could call her and tell her later. Yes, I work for the news but I can't remember the dates and number and names of everything!

I'm not sure why but the rest of this post has transformed into a combination of my random thoughts right now so umm... Sorry.

I'm really craving some potato chips right now... Not sure why.

I can't wait to take a nap... I love naps.

I'm a little sick of seeing Rob Patterson on the cover of every magazine... I mean, ok if he's going to be a cover model but can he get a different pose? I'm tired of that blank zoolanderish look. The Edward in my mind is way hotter.

I went to the store last night to get some grapes and I came out with everything but grapes. I hate when that happens!

...Then when I was leaving I couldn't find my car. I hear they have an ap for that but I haven't looked it up yet.

Before bed, I set my alarm for 3:30, thinking I'd wake up extra early and eat a nice breakfast and relax before getting ready for work... Did that happen?--Am I kidding? I woke up at 4:30.

I really want to whiten my teeth some more. I've been using Crest white strips and they work SO GOOD, but I have to remember to use them twice a day. I've been using them more like once every-other day. Not sure that has the same effect.

I'm going to get the Canon Rebel XS sooner than I thought! I am planning to get it in the next couple of weeks... I've saved enough. But the downside?... In order to get it early (before Christmas) I have to "help" my husband with his papers for his independent study class. You ladies with hubbys who hate to write know what that means!

I'm tempted to just go out and buy it anyway but I'm sure that wouldn't go over well. I think we have an unwritten rule that we don't spend more than $40 on a single item without asking the other.

Wow... I know just because I'm not writing about one topic doesn't mean I have to write about 50 others at one time, but apparently that's all I can do at the moment. At least now you have a glimpse into the small portion of my brain that's NOT thinking about you-know-what.

And added for your entertainment purposes... Pictures I was taking today when I got home from work. I was trying to get a cute picture of me and Snoop but he kept licking my face at the last second!Close but he looked away!!
And then hubs wanted in on the picture fun too... Snoop didn't dare lick his face!

For those of you who'd like to read more personal stories or topics other than little people, any particular thing you're wondering about? ... Or have I bored you enough? Just askin!

***
Winner of my Conceive Goodie Bag giveaway according to Random.org: #37 CageQueen! Congrats!! Email your address to babymakingmachine{at}gmail{.}com