Monday, September 21, 2009

Cutest Baby (/Kid/Pet) Contest

First off, I don't want to have a kid anymore. Read more here.

Yesterday I sent a tweet out and asked if people would enjoy it if I did a cutest baby contest and was surprised my the response... I guess a lot of people like to show off their kids, and a lot of people just assume they'd win. Well well well moms!

While I think this is a great idea, I didn't think it would be fair to put cute pups like Snoop up against little babies... They don't stand a chance. So I decided to do a cutest Baby/Kid/Pet contest. There will be 3 winners, one for each category. What will you win? Well, I have lots of prizes to choose from. For one, a cute winner button to display on your blog, and perhaps another prize! But bragging rights should be enough right?

You decide which category your kid is in, although I think a lot of people are saying 2 and under= baby, 2 and over= kid, but I'll let you be the judge. Hopefully you know if your baby is a pet or not.

I'm wanting to do this to help spread awareness about my March of Dimes Drawing , there are over 30 prizes, totaling more than $1000 worth, and at this rate, everyone will win! (note though that Paypal is only associated with donations, and not with the drawing).

So, to enter my contest I ask that you place one of two buttons somewhere on your blog. Either the March of Dimes Raffle one to the right, or the one in this post below. And just link to this contest and/or the initial fundraiser post.

I'll collect photos all this week! You have until Friday at 11:59pm to get me your picture, you can email them to BabyMakingMachine{at}gmail.com. In the subject write "photo contest" and either "kid, pet, or baby."

Then Saturday I'll post the polls and let voting begin! It will last a week!

I made this button for you to put on your blog, so when your photo is up you can tell people to come vote for you. Also let them know about my fundraiser for March of Dimes.


If you're just coming in... I'm doing this because (full story) short story: After my first month of actually turning the Baby Makin' Machine "ON" nothing happened... I was pretty disappointed but I'm feeling much better now that I've taken my mind off myself, and turned it to helping this amazing organization that works to save babies! So if I'm not having one right now, it's ok, cause I know we're helping LOTS more through this.

So go forth and conquer! Send me your pictures and feel free to brag about your kid in the email! I love reading from proud parents :)

Oh and tell your friends (with not as cute of kids as yours) to enter!!

FAQs:
Q: What if I have more than one kid?
A: You can enter each one (up to 2.5) once

Q: Can the pictures be professional?
A: Yes!