Monday, October 5, 2009

A Change of Plans and An Announcement

I just want to add a little note... I am SO impressed with how we are doing with this fund raiser! My computer is in the shop so I only have time to blog late at night, early morning, or squeeze it in during my dinner breaks... Even such, we've had at least one donation EVERY DAY of this fund raiser, and we've already made 75% of our goal.

I can honestly say since starting this I've gone from moping to wanting to help a cause to being at peace with everything. I will say I lied about one thing though... I'm not sure I'll do this every-other month I am not pregnant. This has been AMAZING but I'm no "Power Blogger" aka "Social Networking Queen" nor am I a mommy blogger reviewer. I've also had time to take a step back and realize everything will be ok, and I don't think I'll need this sort of thing to help cheer me up every-other month.

In another two weeks we will have done a wonderful thing, and I will have had a wonderful break from constantly thinking TTC. But I'll also be ready to write and share again. My blog isn't about getting free stuff (which by the way, I'm not getting any free stuff from this in case you were wondering :) ), it's about documenting my experiences. When I first started my blog I was stingy about things I'd write about... NOTHING unrelated to my baby-thoughts would be published... Even posts off topic were twisted in a way so that it was still related to my theme.

Now I've sorta gone off in the opposite direction... And while it's totally ok because this has helped me, and has been for a WONDERFUL cause, I want to get to somewhere in the middle.

And this is not to dis my AWESOME sponsors at all. I've LOVED featuring their sites, and I'm SO grateful for their support, and for your support in joining me through this, but to think I'll do this every-other month is a little much. Besides... It's kind of taking away from the whole baby making point as I'm seeing I have less time for baby makin' with all of this!

Perhaps if I hit a year, and/or I'm deemed infertile I'll do another one of these :)

I'm also going to be SO busys the next month or so making all of the headbands and bandanas I've promisd those who donate $15 or more! I didn't think there would be so many! I spent $50 at Hobby Lobby Saturday getting supplies and I STILL don't think that's going to be enough! it's ok though. I origionally was going to donate headbands to the charity, now we can donate a lot more than that!

And another mini-announcement I wanted to make... I was approached by MomTV and asked if I would like to have a LIVE internet-streaming weekly show on their site! While I'm SO busy, and I don't think I'd have time to do a show every week, I have decided I'll do one every-other week.

We are still working out the details but I wanted to ask you what you thought, and if you'd watch. I'll be on once a week for 30 minutes to an hour, on either Monday or Tuesday. Will you watch? And what time is good for you, cause I need to nail down a time. I'm thinking Tuesday morning sometime. Please let me know! Also, any ideas for a name? I need help!

I'm excited because I think I'll be the first non-parent on the site... Or at least the first Future Mommy on MOM-TV! And I think I'll learn a lot from the other moms on the "network" as well as bring a different flava to the site!

Like I said, I don't have all of the details worked out yet. I know I'll have guests on the show to talk about things I blog about like choosing an OB vs Midwife, fertility health, adoption, and of course TTC. Sometimes it'll probably just be me yapping though, so I hope you'll watch to keep me company (there's a chat room so you can type to me and each other while you watch).

So I REALLY hope you'd like to tune in sometime, I'm really excited about it, and I think it'll be something else to keep my mind off constant-baby makin'.

Like I said I have A LOT to tell you soon. My perspective right now seems to change from day to day (actually more like hours to hour) and I really can't wait to get your opinions on some of the rants running around in my head.

That's all for now! Back to the March of Dimes show!

Oh and remember, let me know if you'd watch, what time, any name ideas, and what you think! THANK YOU!