Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Hempsphere Chic Choker: Sponsor #12

Short story: I.. The self-proclaimed "Baby Makin' Machine," found making a baby isn't as easy as I had hoped. So to take my mind off baby makin' I'm spending a month raising money to help March of Dimes babies. Read the long story about how this fundraiser got started here!

22 year-old-old Jessa, is the woman behind The Hempsphere.
She says she's been addicted to making things by hand for as long as she can remember.

"I love the feeling a finished product gives off," she said. "It's a beautiful feeling that you are going to be sending something off into the world, where hopefully it will find much love and use. That is what inspires me to create the pieces that I do- I know that as soon as they leave my hands, they will be sent off to make someone happy."


She said the idea for these hemp bracelets came out of literally nowhere. She had been fooling around with hemp one day, and she had made three simple matching bracelets. Then the night went on, and she got really bored.

"I started wrapping ribbon around the hemp," she said. "And at first it looked really weird. Then suddenly the ribbon was completely weaved into the bracelet, and it struck me as cute. I haven't stopped making them since that night."

She grew up in a decent-sized family.She has a my boyfriend, her two cats, and her two rats to look after. She said her parents are also very supportive, and she loves them dearly.

"I have no children of my own right now," she said. "But I do plan on children in the future, and I'm looking quite forward to it. I'm the kind of person who has to have all of her bricks in place before doing something so life-changing, but that only makes me anticipate it more. Right now I am just happy to help the existing children."

Man, can I tell you I know how she feels (and if you've been reading my blog for awhile you know what I mean)!

Jessa is donating a hand-made choker to one of you generous donors. The choker is about 16 1/2 inches long, and it is made with two strands of knotted hemp weaved together with a piece of black satin ribbon. The clasp will be a braided tie clasp with knots on the ends, and the product is very soft because of the smooth satin. The choker is about 1/2 inch thick, and it adds a nice touch of drama to any look!



Also look for @TheHempsphere on Twitter!

If you happen to donate just $5 to the charity I'll give you 5 free tickets to win this prize from The Hempsphere! Not only are you helping a charity but you get 5 tickets in our GIANT drawing! You can donate by clicking the "chip in" button to the right or by clicking here. (Paypal is NOT associated with the drawing, just with donations. Questions about the drawing? Email me at babymakingmachine{at}gmail.com)

This is just one of more than 40 prizes (worth over $1500) that's up for grabs in the drawing! See the full list here. 100% of the funds raised are going to March of Dimes, to help save babies!

Read how this got started here!
Check out all of the prizes here!
Enter my 2nd Cutest Baby Contest here!
Have a giveaway? List it here! Offer extra entries to your peeps for donating!