Tuesday, October 13, 2009

JM Tolman Jewelry: March of Dimes Sponsor #23

Short story: I.. The self-proclaimed "Baby Makin' Machine," found making a baby isn't as easy as I had hoped. So to take my mind off baby makin' I'm spending a month raising money to help March of Dimes babies. Read the long story about how this fundraiser got started here!
Read my latest TTC update here.

Personally, I think I'm pretty dang unique. For one... How many "mommy bloggers" do you know who aren't moms or pregnant yet? Yea, I have no shame! I was blogging about my thoughts on motherhood before I was even ready to a child.

The next March of Dimes Fund Raiser sponsor I want to introduce you to has a unique sense of art.

Jensie is a 20 year old illustration student. And she already has her own store selling her work... JM Tolman.She said she started her shop initially to help pay off her tuition.

"$15,000/term, a small miracle I'm still in school," she said. "And, to be frank, I like it when people enjoy my work. I don't like to keep any of my pieces because they all tell stories- I want people who are not me to see those stories."Her artwork is different, darker than a lot of art you see out right now... At least quite different from the art that crosses me from day to day. But when you look at them, you can tell there's so much feeling behind it.

Jensie only sold paintings and prints for the first few months. "The problem with this is they are on the expensive side and I could only make one each week," she said. "Well, I managed to go the Hootanany this summer, and one of the vendors sold little frame pendants with prints of paintings inside. I thought to myself, 'It would be more interesting if these were actually painted on the pendant.' I bought several blank pendants a couple days later. I love making them! They're quick to make and I'm challenged with creating a narrative in one or two panels. I write little stories for each one, and I'm in the middle of making a zine for the first batch!"Jensie has been drawing her whole life.

"It's what I do," she said. "My biggest inspirations are quirky novels, folk tales, horror/cult movies, and music. I have a type of synesthesia where I see music in colored waves- most, if not all, of my palette comes from music. To me, my best work resembles songs."

And those waves she speaks of are very present in this pair of Green Psyco Earrings she has offered to give as a prize to one lucky donor to March of Dimes! You can learn more about This artist by checking out her blog, or by following @JMTolman on Twitter.

If you donate just $5 to the charity I'll give you 5 free tickets to win this prize from JM Tolman! Not only are you helping a charity but you get 5 tickets in our GIANT drawing! You can donate by clicking the "chip in" button to the right or by clicking here. (Paypal is NOT associated with the drawing, just with donations. Questions about the drawing? Email me at babymakingmachine{at}gmail.com)

This is just one of more than 40 prizes (worth over $1500) that's up for grabs in the drawing! See the full list here. 100% of the funds raised are going to March of Dimes, to help save babies!

Read how this got started here!
Check out all of the prizes here!
Enter my 2nd Cutest Baby Contest here!
Have a giveaway? List it here! Offer extra entries to your peeps for donating!