Saturday, October 3, 2009

September Mommy Moment Winner

I've never gotten as many submissions for my "Mommy Moment" contest as I did this month, I blame it on my wonderful sponsor this month, Tamara with Couturière. She's giving a beautiful diaper bag and matching changing blanket to the winner this month.

My wonderful judge Kayce had the chance to choose a winner. It would have been WAY too hard for me to choose just one... Especially since I love you all! I also want to say that Kayce is the best for always answering my random questions about doulas, labor and midwives! If you have questions on the topic ask her :) And check out her blog too, she's a master doula in the making!

Ok now on to the winner, I'm sure you can't take any more suspense...

Reiza with "Restoring my Faith in Humanity"

Honorable mentions:
Krystal with "A Lesson from a Dandelion"
Erin with "Rocket Man"

A big thank you to Kayce for judging! She said it was so hard to choose a winner and I completely agree! Be sure to read these other amazing entries!

1. Elizabeth with "Precious and Few":I found my 'mommy moment' in the process of losing my child. It happened on a Friday, after four carefree and blissfully pregnant months followed by two terrifying and desperate weeks of bleeding, cramping and bed rest...
2. Mom of Three with "Carefree Abandon": Today I was reminded of what childhood carefree abandon felt like.As I watched my boys frolic in the water in the hot hot sun with their friends I was transported back to my childhood.It didn't start out that way...
3. Zealandsmom with "Growing Up": Zealand is finally mature enough to sleep in his own little toddler bed. I knew this day would come, I forced him to sleep in his pack and play after he climbed out of his crib...
4. Beth with "School, 'Beep Beep', and Sleep... Life is Busy": A First for Grace: Tuesday was Grace's first day of preschool! She goes twice a week, Tuesdays and Thursdays, for three hours. She took off when they got there the first day and didn't want to wait for Brian to gather her stuff out of the car...
5. Josiah's Mom with "Life with a Reflux Baby": After posting for support on a few different websites, I decided to start a blog about my life as a brand new mom with a Reflux Baby. I thought I was just posting on the sites for my own support and mental well being, but it turns out that people really care about how we are doing (more than I could've ever imagined).
6. Heidi with "Me.. Ooh My": Where does the time go?? I still can not believe that my baby girl is almost 9 months old or that my little man will be 4 next month. Where have I been, it seems like just yesterday I was a Baby Making Machine...
7. Diva Scrapper with "Optimism Meets Serendipity":Optimism....Optimism is an outlook on life such that one maintains a view of the world as a positive place. A general disposition to expect the best in all things...
8. Natalie with "Party Like it's 1979": Husband is old now. I feel suddenly stressed to have kids. I keep doing this math, audibly, like "holy crap if we had a kid tomorrow, then our kid would be 10 and you would be 40 and we'd have another 10 years until the kid would leave the house and..."...
9. Prissy Mommy with "Our Mommy and Me Swim Class Experience": You all may remember when I blogged some months ago about wanting to begin the Mommy and Me swim class at our neighborhood YMCA....
10. Dagmar's Momsense with "Extended Co-Sleeping": Since we moved, I have been sleeping in Landon’s new big-boy twin bed with him. And Daddy is sleeping on the couch. Our new bedroom needed to be painted, so we don’t have our bed set up yet...
11. Fabulously Foxy with "Reminiscing": Last night, Y woke up because she went poop (it always wakes her up if she's asleep, but luckily it doesn't happen too often). And while I was putting her back to bed it reminded me of a some thoughts that I wanted to use in a post last week....
12. Jessi with "My Life in a Nutshell Or Crazy House...": So I have not really been posting much because of my blog giveaways taking up so much time I feel like there is never enough time in the day to play mommy, maid, doctor, wife, cook, maid again, jungle gym, teacher and dog walker. Of course I do all this and so much more and I do it with ease...
13. Sonya with "Rough week? We all Feel Your Pain": It's been one of those weeks, and I'm sure that you all have been through one like it (or worse) before. Earlier this week my friend sent me a link to this video, and it brought tears to my eyes... tears of laughter, that is!...
14. Alison with "Thankful": Yesterday, Sunday, September 20th a good friend of mine was pushing me to take a pregnancy test. You see, I felt for the first cycle we hadn't had that good of timing, since ovulation caught me off guard (very early - rare!)...
15. Problem Solvin' Mom with "Better than a Nap Even": I could tell I wasn't going to get a nap again today, and knew as the frustration set in that I needed to get started reviewing my gratitude list. Once both girls were asleep, I had ten minutes until a friend was stopping over...
16. Natalie with "Reflections and Anticipations": This weekend has been a very lazy one, which I'm not complaining about. Hubby and I were laying on the couch just lounging, and I got up and went to the bedroom to retrieve a pillow and our blanket...
17. Karla with "My First Mommy Moment": Very recently, I started to fully realize how badly I want a baby; to fill our home with all the love, laughter and joy that it can hold. My husband and I have been trying for our first baby for four months, but there is one precise moment where my heart melted. Suddenly everything that we have been striving for seemed so worth it...
18. Kristina with "My Favorite Mommy Moment": My most favorite(s) have been births of all my angels. Each preggo is soo different and each delivery, whether it be natural or surgical is always so different from each other...

And there you have it! I hope you'll take a few moments and read all of these posts! I must say I laughed, and cried reading through all of them! And if you're looking for new blogs to read... This is a wonderful place to start!

I'm going to take a break from Mommy Moments for October. The fundraiser is taking a lot of time, and I'm going to get back to "normal blogging" soon after! Feel free to link them up though so we can visit your blogs! I won't have a judge or a winner, but I'll promise to read them all!