Sunday, October 4, 2009

Trendy Scarfs: Henry Pete's Pasture: Sponsor #8

Short story: I.. The self-proclaimed Baby Makin' Machine, found out making a baby isn't as easy as I had hoped. So to take my mind off baby makin' I'm spending a month raising money to help March of Dimes babies. Read the long story about how this fundraiser got started here!
Read my latest TTC update here.

And we're just going to keep going! I'm really excited about this next sponsor... I LOVE scarfs. And before you go to Gap and spend $40 on a scarf from Gap check this out! My girl, NotTheSun has a great shop, Henry Pete's Pasture, with the cutest softest-looking scarfs!
Holidays are coming up and these scarfs make a great gift!
I tried to makes scarfs a few years ago (it was a hobby I developed while hubby would watch football or golf for hours on end) and mine always came out crooked! I also never attempted to alternate the colors. But look at all of the options she has!And she makes trendy headscarfs too!She said decided to start her shop after all her friends in art school started talking about Etsy!

"I had to check it out and I couldn't believe how awesome this site was," she said. "What an awesome concept!"

She doesn't remember why she started knitting but her mom taught her about 5 or 6 years ago.

"I have always been a creative and artistic person," she said. "I always have to be creating something and knitting allows me to constantly be creating! Now I am hooked and can't stop! So I decided to post my scarves for sale on here because I can only make so many for myself :)"

She, like myself isn't a mom just yet... Unless you want to consider her pooch a kid.

"He is great and I love him like he is a son!" She said. "Maybe one day I will have my own little family but I don't yet!" And that's ok... You all know I love my Snoop like my child sometimes too.

She's really great about customizing orders, so if you're looking around and see something you like, she'll make it a special size for you, if you like.

This month she's participating in the Susan G. Koman Foundation's THINK PINK promotion, and donating a part of her proceeds in the Think Pink category of her shop to the breast cancer research foundation. What a great cause right?And her generosity doesn't stop there... She's also donating ANY one item from her shop to one of you wonderful donors to our March of Dimes Fundraiser! Cool right? There's so much to choose from!

If you happen to donate just $10 to the charity I'll give you 10 free tickets to win this prize from Henry Pete's Pasture! Not only are you helping a charity but (for free) I'll give you 10 tickets in my GIANT drawing! You can donate by clicking the "chip in" button to the right or by clicking here. (Paypal is NOT associated with the drawing, just with donations. Questions about the drawing? Email me at babymakingmachine{at}gmail.com)

This is just one of more than 40 prizes (worth over $1500) that's up for grabs in the drawing! See the full list here. 100% of the funds raised are going to March of Dimes, to help save babies!


Read how this got started here!
Check out all of the prizes here!
Enter my 2nd Cutest Baby Contest here!
Have a giveaway? List it here! Offer extra entries to your peeps for donating!