Sunday, October 4, 2009

Crafted by Design Baby Sling: Sponsor #7

Short story: I.. The self-proclaimed Baby makin' Machine, found out making a baby isn't as easy as I had hoped. So to take my mind off baby makin' I'm spending a month raising money to help March of Dimes babies. Read the long story about how this fundraiser got started here!
Read my latest TTC update here.

I can't believe in two weeks we've already raised 75% of our goal! I couldn't have dreamed of this!! And not just that... SO many people have donated $15 or more, so I've been VERY busy making baby hair bows, and I'm sure I'll be making doggie bandannas soon too! I happily spend $50 at Hobby Lobby the other day getting supplies, so I could give back too!

It's crazy because originally I was just planning to donate baby bows to a charity, now, I'm still donating baby bows, but we've raised A LOT more money for the charity!

Now I'm not sure about you, but lately I've noticed a huge jump in the number of women carrying their babies in slings! At first I thought it looked a little strange, but now, the more I see it the more I'm like "Awwww CUTE!"

But I think one of the difficult things is finding affordable slings. I've browsed around and a lot of them seem overpriced to me. One of my best friends started making them, and she has been giving them away as gifts. If I ever get brave enough, I may try it myself. But until then, I'll be looking for people like KeriAnne, to help out.
KeriAnne is the woman behind Crafted By Design. But she doesn't just make slings, she makes a variety of things! Just look at some of this cute stuff!She said she's always been into crafting, but never really thought about it as a way to make money until after she had kids.
"I enjoy being a stay at home mom," she said. "But with that come the challenges of raising a family on one income. So I started making small things to sell to help earn a little money. I made my first sling after I had my 5th child (I can't believe I didn't figure it out until then!)."

She was so happy with it, that she wanted to share it with others. So many slings are very pricey, so her goal was to create good slings at a reasonable price. She enjoys custom requests the most, because she gets to use her creativity and her talents and share them with others.

Get a behind the scenes look at KeriAnne by checking out her blog or her Facebook page.

She also is very generous and is donating a beautiful sling and matching pouch to one generous donor.
If you happen to donate just $5 to the charity I'll give you 5 free tickets to win this prize from Crafted by Design! Not only are you helping a charity but (for free) I'll give you 5 tickets in my GIANT drawing! You can donate by clicking the "chip in" button to the right or by clicking here. (Paypal is NOT associated with the drawing, just with donations. Questions about the drawing? Email me at babymakingmachine{at}gmail.com)

This is just one of more than 40 prizes (worth over $1500) that's up for grabs in the drawing! See the full list here. 100% of the funds raised are going to March of Dimes, to help save babies!


Read how this got started here!
Check out all of the prizes here!
Enter my 2nd Cutest Baby Contest here!
Have a giveaway? List it here! Offer extra entries to your peeps for donating!