Saturday, January 30, 2010

YOU'RE INVITED!! To My Pink or Blue Party

About a month ago. I was talking to my friend Danielle and (as usual) whining about how long I had to wait until I would finally find out what Spawnie is.. Boy or Girl. She asked me if we were going to do anything fun when we found out and throw a Pink or Blue Party.

"What?" was my reaction. I'd never heard of such things. She then sent me a link to a blog post by a woman who had thrown one.

I was amused... No, FASCINATED by this concept.

Long story short... She and her husband went to the ultrasound but didn't find out what she was having right then and there. The doctor wrote down the results on a piece of paper, and sealed it tight in an envelope.

She gave the envelope along with 25 pink gumballs and and 25 blue gumballs to her grandmother, who was instructed to open the envelope, read the results, and make the cupcakes with either blue or pink gumballs inside based on the result.

She invited friends and family over and people wore pink or blue signifying their guess and making up a "team pink" and a "team blue." They all bit into their cupcakes at the same time revealing BLUE GUMBALLS inside!! Baby boy!

You can also do it with a cake and food coloring like this:Sounds fun huh? Well, at first I thought "I MUST DO THIS" but then moments later when I started dwelling on a guest list, and realized I couldn't think of more than four people I'd like to invite and who would care enough to actually come. I got a little sad and cursed the fact that we don't have family nearby!!

The parties don't have to be a big deal with gifts or anything, it can be a little brunch get together on a Saturday afternoon.. But still... I don't have that many friends who would rather that than a text notification, or reveal from my Facebook status.

I seriously considered mailing cupcakes to friends and family and across a 15-way-phone-call, instructing them to bite in on my count of 3... I even researched techniques to mailing cupcakes (don't try it in an envelope).

But I eventually gave the idea up and brainstormed with Danielle a slightly different idea, and decided to invent attempt a "Virtual Gender Reveal Party." So I could share my exciting news with all of my friends I've "met" online.

Originally we were thinking about doing a reveal at birth, but that would be absolute torture for me to not be able to share Spawnie's new clothes, or nursery plans and progress.

So... You're Invited!!
I find out Monday and Tuesday I'll tell you HERE! Annie from Real Moms will be joining me too and Danielle may hop on the chat as well (she designed this invite by the way). I'd love you to meet her. I'll be broadcasting my results streaming LIVE from my MomTV show and YOU can join in the chatroom, chat with me, play some games, and win! And I'm not just doing a couple of giveaways... Check out these sponsors: The Design Girl, Lillunia, 2 Chix, Storkie, Milian Maternity, EcoStore, GrowShow, Unravelme Designs, Mommy Measure, Spirit of Giving, Dirty Bird Vintage, Valeries Bowtique, CoddleLife, Sewn Inspirations, Jewelry Kaleidoscope, Babies Booty, Sweet Dreams Maternity Wear, B Baby Bling, and more!

There's no signup required to chat with me, you'll just click where it says, make up a username, and go! You have to be signed in the chatroom to win one of the great prizes (more on those details coming soon).

Like the invitation says, type using aAlign Center pink-colored font if you think Spawnie is a girl and a blue-colored font if you think it's a boy!

So, what do you think? You coming?!
R.S.V.P. in the comments! To be entered for a prize!