Monday, February 1, 2010

19 Weeks and Mystery to be Revealed!

Dear Spawnie,

This may be one of the last times I address you as Spawnie. Maybe not. I kinda like the nickname and I think I'll keep calling you that after I know what you are.
I just wanted to give you a little talk before we go to the doctors TODAY! I'm going to be frank with you like I was frank with my Aunt Flow before you came along.

You're about 19 and a half weeks now... Your boy or girl parts should be showing very obviously. I've been studying ultrasound pictures myself lately and I've kinda got it down... Turtle head poking out=boy and three white lines= girl. The possible problem will come in if you decide to fall asleep in a bad position while we're doing the scan and we can't determine what you are.

This would be very bad Spawnie, because, you see... I have plans for us. Right after our appointment we're going to get you a new outfit and start shopping for some of your room decorations. I also am having a BIG PARTY the Tuesday where I plan to tell everyone what you are. This won't work if you hide. Not only that but your mommy will be very sad and crying a lot, but the doctors office will probably have to drag me out kicking and screaming.
I've heard drinking orange juice before helps get babies to move around a little. You're normally pretty active so I'm not too worried, I just worry that 2pm may be your nap time... Which can't happen tomorrow. But you also can't move around too much cause then we won't be able to tell!

I know there's a chance they can get it wrong, but I'm taking my chances. If they tell me one thing and you come out another that'll be a BIG SURPRISE and pretty dang funny if you ask me. That said... I still plan to take their word for it! I really don't mind either way what you are, I'm just ready and excited to KNOW!

Your sensory development is exploding now! Your brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Quite a few sites tell me that you may be able to hear my voice now, so I'm trying to sing to you sometimes, play music for you. I even bought an iPhone ap today with good prenatal lullabys to play for you. I also need to make a new playlist with church music, and soon I hope to start recording your daddy and mine's voice reading books to you and play them to you on our Lullabelly.

I also got you a BabyPlus which uses beats and rhythms that are suppose to help your learning skills. We shall see what this all does to you Spawnie! I dunno about you but I already think you're smart. I can feel it!
(photo from babycenter)
You weigh about 8 1/2 ounces now and measure 6 inches, head to bottom. Your arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of your body now. Oh and get this baby... Your hair on your scalp is sprouting! I had a dream two nights ago you were a German baby and you had blond hair and for some reason could only understand me if I spoke German. I'll have to tell you more about that later.But back to your task... Show yourself today. It's the one time I'll tell you not to be shy about your privates! See the pose the baby in this picture is doing? I'm sorry, it doesn't look very comfortable but that's the PERFECT place to be for us to see if you're a boy or girl. Listen to your mommy and do as I say!

Love,

Mommy

****

Question of the day: What have you heard is good for getting a good ultrasound view of boy or girl parts? Foods to eat? Myths? I'll try it! Also, were you told results that were proven wrong at birth?

Brought to you by: Pregnancy Corner check out their site for more information on being 19 Weeks Pregnant!