Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Still Alive! At 22 Weeks Pregnant

My dear little LadyBug,

This past week was a pretty difficult week for us. Definitely the most difficult so far. I think part of it is my hormones are magnifying the stress I was already feeling. Then I got sick. I went to the Dr's office to see if you were ok because I just didn't feel right. My stomach hurt and I wasn't sure if I was having contractions. When we went in they checked your heartbeat and you were swimming around, so it was hard for the midwife to keep track, but you were doing just fine! Sure enough it was just a stomach bug and I threw up a bunch. I guess it was payback since I didn't have much morning sickness.

The next day I was really weak because I hadn't been eating anything the day before, but I had to go into work for a couple of hours. It ended up being a scary day later when I passed out at the store. I didn't fall on you or hit my head though, so I was grateful for that. And since then I've been doing SO much better!

I'm trying to get used to having a bigger belly now. I was so excited to have my tummy grow and grow and grow but the bigger I get now, the more I realize it's not the most comfortable predicament. It's nothing to really complain about, but I notice it's harder to get my socks and shoes on, and it takes quite a bit of effort to pick things up on the floor. It's also weird but I feel like I'm always full because my stomach is so stretched out. Now's the time I need to remember that stretch mark cream!

My back also hurts a little more now that my weight is shifting. I know I need to improve my posture, and I think prenatal yoga will help too. I'm just a little worried to think about how it's going to get over the next several months! ... I try not to think about it too much right now.

On to the good news now...
Your daddy says he'll help me put my socks and shoes on when I can't do it anymore. You have a really good dad. Just wait until you meet him! In the mornings when we wake up, and at night when I come home he rubs on my belly and tries to feel you kicking. You've been kicking a lot harder this week, I even noticed you kicking hard enough so I could see my skin bounce up! I put a cell phone over you on my stomach and you kicked it off! I tried to get it on video tape but you of course, stopped just in time.

I love feeling you move around in there. Sometimes if I think too hard about it it seems strange, but it's really comforting knowing you're ok!

Oh my goodness Babydoll, I got the CUTEST outfits for you this week. I've stopped shopping for awhile now but I have over 20 dresses for you already ranging up to 1 yr old. So don't you worry girl, you're going to be STYLING!

I also just learned how to make you tutus and now I'm OBSESSED! I've decided I'm going to make you tutus to match Snoop (that's your dog)'s dog collars, and we're all going to go out on walks together and trips to Petsmart and MATCH! I'm excited because it gives me an excuse to stop ignoring Snoop and make him some new stuff too! I think I've spent a little bit too much money on tulle for the tutus this week, but at least I know you'll have one for every season.

I'm also making good progress on your mobile. I think I'll be finishing it this week! I'm a little worried because I have so many ideas for your room and so many things I'm already planning to put in there, I wonder how it'll all come together. I'm not a good decorator, and I'm sure you won't mind either way but I really want it to be pretty for you!

I started reading books to you this week. I read you two Dr. Seuss books I liked from when I was a kid. I'm hoping to keep the tradition up, and read to you every night after you're born! I want you to love books like your mommy does!

(photo courtesy of BabyCenter)
I couldn't believe how big you look now when I look at this picture for this week. You're about 11 inches and almost 1 pound.

You're starting to look like a miniature newborn. Your lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and you're even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. Your eyes have formed, but your irises don't have color yet. When they do I wonder what color they'll be! I have dark brown eyes and your daddy has blue eyes. Inside your belly, your pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.
I get to see you today for another ultrasound to check on your face and umbilical cord so hopefully I'll see how long and big you are too! I'm excited and hoping you're in a better position for pictures this time because I want to update the photo on my desk and another frame we have at home. I'm a little sad because this will be the first appointment your daddy can't come to (he has to work). So it'll be just you and me. You'll have to behave and pose pretty for pictures so I can show your daddy when we get home!

I love you baby girl. Keep growing strong!


Love,

Mommy

****
Word from a Sponsor: To get a more in-depth look at being 22 weeks pregnant be sure to visit Pregnancy Corner!