Tuesday, September 14, 2010

On-going Key debacle

What is it with children's fascination with keys? It is uncanny the way they know the real keys from the props. We have even given the girls real keys that no longer have a purpose on real key chains and they still prefer ours. Over the past few months, we have had our keys go missing many times.

This fascination started at the beginning of the summer. We were all packed up and ready to leave the house for a playdate when I could not find my keys anywhere! I searched the entire house with no luck. I had no idea where the keys were. I ended up borrowing Brett's key so we could make our playdate but I had pretty much written off ever finding my keys again. That night, I went to file some documents for work and guess what was filed away? My keys! After that I was pretty careful that I would put my keys where little hands could not reach.

My husband, on the other hand, has yet to learn the lesson. Just three days later his keys went missing. We searched the house again top to bottom and he had to take my key for his car. This time the key was found in one of Ainsley's purses. Since then there have been a variety of hiding spots of for the keys. In the mixing bowls in the kitchen, in Ainsley's back-pack and in Brett's shoes. Today, Brett is missing his keys again. He said to me this morning that Juliet had been playing with his keys yesterday and he's actually said to her "Don't play with those Juliet, you will loose them". Yet he didn't take it from her. So it was no surprise to me that this morning, they were no where to be found.

Hopefully we have both learned our lesson to keep our keys out of the reach of little hands.