Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Fall Fashion - Wednesday

I have a fashion confession: I only have one wardrobe.

The contents of my closet do not change with the seasons. While I own a few things I think of as seasonal (a "fall" jacket, a couple of "summer" dresses) just about everything that's not an open-toe shoe is in rotation at all times.

Sometimes I wonder how I survived four years in New England with no winter clothes. And then I remember: layers. I used to go to class with workout pants under my jeans to keep from freezing my ass off while discussing feminist film theory.

Anyway. This is technically a "summer dress."

Wednesday
Summer dress, schmummer dress!

The red-orange (orange-red?) sweatery top is something I've had for ages. And it's been sitting in my closet, waiting to be mended, for ages. I was going to put together another black-and-brown-and-grey sort of ensemble, but other Fall Fashionistas have made me crave something more colorful.

That's right. You are the reason I finally got around to mending this top.

Wednesday

The mother-baby necklace is more sappy-sentimental than I usually go, but it seemed to go with the whole "urban earth mama" thing I've got going with this outfit. The salt spoon necklace is equally sappy-sentimental, but secretly so (and also alliterative). When Westley was a baby, and we'd sleep together, he'd often end up on his side, with his back against my tummy. The littlest of spoons.

So, apart from putting something with sleeves over the top of it, how do you turn a summer maxi dress into cozy fall fashion?

Wednesday
Leggings. My (not so) secret weapon against the cold. Aawww yeah!

Red-orange/orange-red top - Thrifted
Navy maxi dress - Target
Necklaces - Gifted (thanks, Mom!)
Leggings - American Apparel

Rob saw this outfit and asked, "New clothes?"

"Nope. Old clothes. Way old." Ahh, the power of layers.

* * *

More (fun and inspiring) Fall Fashion at Moms are for Everyone!
It's never to late to join the fun. You might even win a prize. (No, really!)

.....................................