Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Another reason why I hate the time change

For the few weeks, it has seemed as if getting the girls out of the house and into the car has been especially inefficient and I couldn’t figure out why. We used to have our morning routine down to a science and were always out the door on time and at school with time to spare without rushing. However, to my great puzzlement, the last few weeks have seemed increasingly rushed and time seemed to fly as we went from house to car.

No matter how early we left the house, we were still later than usual at school. It was really beginning to frustrate me as I hate being late and could just not understand what it was that was slowing us down. Then today it hit me. We weren’t late, our clock in the car was fast. I don’t know about you, but often after the clocks have been changed, whether forward or back, I have to make small adjustments to our clocks a few times to get them all relatively in sync. Well, turns out that the clock in the house was correct, but the clock in the car was about 8 minutes too fast. One would think that this was not a big deal, but for someone who only has 2 hours and 30 minutes to herself in the morning while the girls are at school, 8 minutes is a big deal.

I am glad I finally figured out why there was such a time discrepancy as it was frustrating and now I feel relieved to know that we are in fact on time and even early! Now I can stop stressing about the time. I will make sure I do a better job of changing the time on all clocks in the spring.